Donnerstag, 29. Januar 2015

The new Liebesbotschaft Hollywood diet and homemade crackers.




Yesterday evening I had an amazing revelation: 
the secret to my slim figure suddenly dawned on me with absolute clarity – as crystal clear as never before. 
And to make sure all those involved will benefit from it I will let you in on it today. 

When it comes to food I am neither a disciplined nor an aware eater. 
I don’t do a lot of workouts (in Noelle’s opinion the 7-minute-app does not count as a workout. Which means I never do any workouts.) 
I do not know the calories of any food items and have never in my life been on a diet (apart from the Vegan Challenge, but this was a bit forced on me. And I also cheated all the time.) 

My secret is:
I am so. incredibly. picky. 

Let’s assume we are sitting on the couch in the evening and I feel like something sweet. 
Reese's PB cups? Contain nuts. I don’t like nuts.  
A piece of a Hershey’s bar? Belongs to the category of cheap chocolate that I don’t like. 
Well, how about gummy bears? I only like the yellow and orange ones. And those only rarely. Guess what, we happen to be out of them. 
Chocolate ice cream? In case I feel like it once a month, my family is sure to have eaten it all in the meantime. 
Popcorn? I can only bear it at the movie theatre in the dark.
Cookies? Only, if they are home-made. But when do we have home-made cookies at hand? 
And so on and so on. 
Most candy stuff I simply do not find palatable. 

If I was my own child – I’d be so irritated by myself! 
Spoilt brat that I am…

No difference with the savory snacks. 
While my family goes through one chips and pretzel stick bag after the other, with obvious delight, I sit here and long for something REALLY delicious and due to a lack of alternative options, I eat: nothing.
Simply nothing. 

Profound epiphany.
(If this sensational insight isn’t enough to sell how-to diet books in nine-figure reprints, I really don’t know. I could, in fact, buy TWO loft apartments!) 

Back to the original topic:
By something REALLY delicious I mean these super thin crackers with black sesame seeds, rosemary and sea salt, for example. 
Paired with some pieces of an aged cheese and olives. 
Or a cream cheese dip.
Or like today: for lunch with soup. 
Or as a snack with veggies in the lunch box. 

To die for!




Crackers with olive oil

2 Tbsp cornmeal
1 Tbsp maple syrup
2 Tbsp olive oil 
1 ½ cups flour
1 pinch baking powder
1/2 tsp salt

Toppings:
Fleur de Sel
Fresh rosemary 
Black and white sesame seeds 

Pour 3 Tbsp boiling water onto the cornmeal and let sit for a few minutes, then add maple syrup and olive oil and stir. 
Mix flour, baking powder and salt with the cornmeal mix and 3-4 Tbsp cold water in a bowl.
Knead mixture until a smooth, elastic dough has formed. 
Cover with a dish towel and let rest for 15 minutes. 
Preheat oven to 350F° (convection oven to  310°), cover cookie sheet with parchment paper. 
Take small pinches of dough (glass marble size, if not a little smaller) and roll them out as thinly as possible, to a diameter of about 4”.  
Place onto cookie sheet, brush with water and add toppings of your choice. 
Bake in the oven for about 8-10 minutes, until edges are slightly browned. 


By the way: the ones with rosemary are simply sensational! 
Make sure to add a tiny bit of sea salt from the salt mill to them, before putting them in the oven. 



By the way the recipe is taken from the beautifully made baking book "Kexs", which features savory as well as sweet snack ideas. 


Also available soon: my book with the title: 
"THE NEW HOLLYWOOD LIEBESBOTSCHAFT DIET: 
101 snacks, that are proven to taste horrible.” 

You are bound to swear off cheap chocolate, I am sure of it…

Love,
Joanna

p.s. Are there snacks that you don’t like at all, although most people love them? 



Off topic, but OMG so beautifully made: this video.
Can I please have every single one of the 20 outfits. 

Thank you.



This post was translated by Ginnell Studio.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen