Freitag, 9. Mai 2014

How I survive TV nights or a rainy afternoon I.




Today it’s Jil’s turn to write for you – more precisely the beginning of a series of posts about healthy and yummy snacks.
Enjoy!

Joanna





I don’t know how you feel about this, but I definitely need some snacks to accompany a good movie.

And right after the work day is done, as well as after my workout, when I’m reading - as a matter of fact I could eat constantly. 

And this is where is gets tricky, because everything related to “in between” or “in front of the TV” usually ends up being donuts, chips, chocolate bars etc.

Yet fruit salad all the time becomes old pretty quickly, too.

That’s why I love nothing better than simple recipes sending me quickly to healthy snack happiness, without feeling bloated afterwards.


But to find exactly that isn’t all that easy!




So I will show you a selection of my favorite “in between and yes, please often”-recipes, which I incorporate into my everyday life nearly every week with great pleasure.


Let’s start with some great crackers packed with minerals, calcium, folic acid – perfect for dipping, sharing, keeping:
Vegan and gluten-free – you just have to try them!



Homemade Crackers

Ingredients:
1 cup water
1/2 cup flaxseeds or chia seeds
1/2 cup sunflower seeds
1/2 cup pumpkin seeds or sunflower seeds
1/2 cup sesame seeds
1/2 tsp salt

Optional:

1/2 tsp dried rosemary/thyme/herbs of Provence


Let’s go!


1.

Preheat the oven to 350F (convection). Mix all seeds and spices, then add the cup of water. Let sit for about 10 minutes, so that the chia seeds/flaxseeds respectively can soak a little and everything comes together to one coherent lot.

2.

Dump the big lump onto a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper, then distribute evenly and thinly, preferably with a spatula. I then really press on the smooth dough one more time so all ingredients are perfectly combined.

3.

Off with it into the oven for 30 minutes. Remove the cookie sheet and cut the dough with a pizza cutter (a regular knife works just as well, of course) into lots of little pieces, which are then carefully turned over. Bake again for another 20 to 25 minutes and let cool completely before eating.

4.
Enjoy!! 




Some of the crackers will crumble slightly, others hold together better, everyone tastes delicious ;).  
I like munching on them in between meals, but also in the evening accompanied by yummy dips, e.g. hummus, guacamole or simply a grainy cottage cheese J.  
All leftovers keep well in an airtight container for subsequent days.

Enjoy the warm days of spring, I am currently testing more scrumptious things and will report back as quickly as possible! 
For we need something sweet!
And another savory something!
And did I mention sweet?
Sweet always works.



Lots of love from Berlin


Jil


Dishes:
 geliebtes Zuhause 


Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen